Friday, April 16, 2010

Activism Log 8

April 11-17

  • Activism

This was the so-called “advertisement” show, because of all the feminist-related events that were occurring this week. I was not able to attend this show, because I mismanaged my time. I stayed home and continued working on Persepolis for Women in Literature. Thankfully, the show was short. This abated my guilt for not showing up. If it had been a standard length show, I would have been grovelling for apologies from my teammates.

  • Reflection

This show called attention to my lack of time management and self-motivation. It was a painful critique, but hopefully it will stick, and I will be a better person because of it.

  • Reciprocity

This show resembles how the Feminist Agenda Radio started. It acted as a dissemination machine, letting the audience know about the feminist-related activities happening on campus. The show was meant to affect what Okazawa-Rey and Kirk call the “meso” level of activism (15). The radio program was designed to reach the entire student body and to let them know what the feminists are doing!

Kirk, Gwyn, and Margo Okazawa-Rey. "Women's Rights, Women's Liberation, Women's Studies." Women's Lives: Multicultural Perspectives. 5th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2010. 3-25. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment